Sunday, February 28, 2010

Turning Leaves

Some snow has melted in the backyard, where it gets good sun so yesterday I went out to turn the leaves. Last fall's leaves from the back yard I put in a small area behind the garage. The intent is to compost the leaves and kill the grass where I expected a small garden to be. Since then my wife's plans have gotten grander and I've bought into it. Last year I expected to till up that area and that would pretty much be that, maybe put a fence around it if needed. Building a raised bed garden has increased the work and planning to be done. It's not level ground so it's more than just building a box.

Here's what it looks like as of yesterday. I should pick one spot to take pics from so I can show the progression. That might be an idea...

No comments: