Saturday, December 15, 2018

Missing Pictures

In 2012 I reached my photo upload limit for Blogger.  This affected both of my Blogger sites.  So, I found Flickr and started to upload my pictures there.  Recently, Flickr had been sold.  Now, starting next year free accounts have a limit of 1000 photographs, and I had 1385.  Rather than pay (forever) to keep all my pictures I went back and deleted almost 400 to get below the limit.  If I hadn't, after a certain date they would start deleting my pictures, starting with the oldest.

I didn't want to lose any of my pictures, but if I had to then the garden blog would be sacrificed.  I deleted pictures from Flickr that were posted on https://scoakatsgarden.blogspot.com starting from August 13, 2012 to May 14, 2017.  I lost over 4 years of pictures on the garden blog to save all pictures uploaded to my regular blog.  I feel a bit sad and sick about it.

I still have all my old original photos, but at this time I will not be re-uploading to correct all the missing pictures.

As for the future of this site?  I do not know what will happen right now.

No comments: