Yesterday I made a taller cover for the strawberries so they have room to grow and still have protection from birds and squirrels. I threw it together out of scrap wood that I had, thankfully I have a table saw. We did have to buy some more chicken wire but at least it's pretty cheap. Now we're hoping to actually get some strawberries to eat this year.
We also went out and got plants yesterday, a Spring ritual. We bought two hanging plants, one for front and one for back, and several smaller plants to put in the pot out front and Kate pulled several old pots out of the garage to fill with plants to put on the stump in back.
Plant Day pictures after the break!